Sunday, July 20, 2008

How Easy!

I was watching National Geographic's Fight Science and it was on self defence. I have always wondered why many martial arts separate self defence. I always thought that fighting is fighting. If I am fighting, it is going to be in self defence. i don't know any true martial artists that go out looking for a fight. I am not counting sport, which is a different game altogether.

But back to Fight Science. I saw many defences that I know I learned as basic Kung Fu strikes that I learned long ago. What the show did teach me was how easy it is to hurt someone. A simple palm strike to the bladder area was measured to break the pelvic ring, causing the body's foundation to collapse and the person to fall down and not be able to walk or even crawl. This strike is taught in our first form.

Kung Fu is deadly, respect all life and defend yourself. Take care to use only the physical part of Kung Fu when needed.

Chris

2 Comments:

Blogger Sifu Anthony said...

Great blog Chris. I did not see the show, but I often pay attention to the things in the show such as you describe.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Sifu Anthony said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home