Friday, June 20, 2008

Back Home!

Well, I am finally getting the time to write in after being back home. It has been a whirlwind to say the least the last couple of weeks. I went straight to work when I arrived home. Whoa the jet lag!

I just want to say thank you to Sifu Chris for inviting me along on the trip. It was a great experience again! I was so happy that some of the students had a chance to go over and meet Si Gung. It is truly a once in a lifetime thing and I got to do it twice!

I am very proud of all of those guys that went. From what Chris has told me, they did a bang up job impressing Si Gung over the two days. I know they were nervous meeting him. We had a long talk about it my last night there where I tried to reassure them that everything would be fine.

I miss HK already and want to go back. I wished I would have had more time, but, as you know, we in America have many priorities that we must take care of and a week was all I could spare. I know more students will want to go in the future and I hope that Chris and I can go back and give them the experience that we have been able to live. It is truly "living the dream" as far as Kung Fu goes.

I want everyone to know that, and I can speak for Chris too I am sure, all my life, I have been wanting to train in a kung fu style that had depth and history and a legacy as we have all read and heard about. I will tell you now, that this style, Lai Tong Pai, has as much or more of these things as any other famous kung fu style and I am privileged to be carrying the banner, along side with Chris, in continuing the legacy of our style. Wearing the shirt around HK will prove this to anyone who questions it. "Ah, you train with Sifu Kong Hoi?" This is what you here from anyone in the martial arts world over there. He is a legend to say the least. And you are given respect for just being associated with him. We, as practitioners of the style, can only hope to accomplish all that he has for the style and we must strive to practice and continue to promote Lai Tong Pai now and in the future. One day, many years gone by, I hope that someone will be telling the story of our history and Chris's and my story of devotion will be spread to the future generations of practitioners.

In closing, WOW! what a blast it was. We have a lots to share with all who seeks Lai Tong Pai. I look forward to sharing it with all of you.

Chris, you are truly my brother in every aspect of the word. I salute you! Thanks again for all you have done and all you do.

Take care brothers and sisters of Kung Fu,

Sifu Anthony

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Welcome back Sifu Anthony!
I've been keeping up with the goings on in Hong Kong through the blog and have enjoyed living the dream vicariously through my kung-fu brothers, sisters and teachers.
I'm looking forward to everyones return, and hearing the stories. I'm sure you are all having a BLAST!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Sifu Anthony said...

Thanks Jeff. Look forward to seeing you Sunday at the lesson.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home